Double-Glazing Windows Glasgow
S&D provide a full double-glazing windows supply and installation service to customers in Glasgow.
Double-Glazing Windows Company Glasgow
Questions to ask when buying from a Glasgow double glazing windows company
Deciding to improve your home is a big decision; it means not only an investment of time and energy, but money too so you need to make sure you get it right – the first time. So, if you are looking for a Glasgow-based double glazing windows company, take some time to think about the questions you would ask…
What is my home is not suitable for double glazing?
Many companies also offer installation of secondary double glazing which will save you money on your energy bills, but not as much as double glazed units. But, many people living in conservation areas find this an acceptable alternative.
What are the benefits of double glazing?
There are numerous benefits including;
- Helping to slow climate change by using less energy to heat your home
- Reduced heating bills, saving you cash
- Your home or business will be far quieter as noise reduction is excellent
- Double glazed windows also offer improved home or business security
- Condensation is also reduced
How do I choose a Glasgow double glazing windows company?
There are many factors in guiding your choice of company;
- Local means that such companies can be more responsive that one based many miles away
- A local Glasgow double glazing windows company can also give you great deals on the windows you choose as well as on installation costs
- You can ask to see previous work, which will also be local to you
- References are a great way of getting an idea of how prompt and reliable a local company is too, two characteristics important when having home improvements completed
What about window energy ratings?
Just like electrical appliances, double glazing windows come with an energy rating to help you make your choice. Those with a higher energy rating can be more expensive that those with a lower rating. With the higher rating starting at A and the lowest being G, you will need to bear in mind two things when choosing your windows:
- How much your budget will stretch and…
- The lowest rating acceptable for building regulations is C
There is around a 6% savings difference between A, B and C rated windows – in other words, A rated windows will save you on average 6% more than a B rated window etc.
Finding a local Glasgow double glazing windows company to complete the installation of double glazed windows (and doors) at your property will be a choice that will pay dividends in terms of installation, as well as with advice and guidance. Keep it local!
For FREE information and advice about our double-glazing window solutions, contact S&D TODAY!
Double-Glazing Windows Glasgow South | uPVC Windows Glasgow