Decking - Kirkintilloch
S&D provide a full garden decking supply and building service to customers in Kirkintilloch.
Would you like decking at your Kirkintilloch home?
How do you go about creating the perfect outdoor space, which is useful and functional year-on-year?
When you decide to invest in improvements, it can be a daunting prospect; spending a large slice of cash on something, only to find that, when it is completed, it is not quite what you are ‘looking for’. It might be that it is too big or too small or, it simply is not as you envisioned.
Planning and creating decking at your Kirkintilloch could be one of those activities that could miss the mark and so, to ensure that this doesn’t happen, and that you get 100% satisfaction from your decking, why not have a look at these ideas for planning the perfect space?
- WHERE – take an objective look at your garden. Are there places that you don’t use? Are there sections of it that are either uneven or not used because they are in shade? Decking has a way of making every inch of a Kirkintilloch garden usable. It can be built so that it is several metres off the ground, hence any undulations in the ground can have a platform built over it.
- WHY – why are you thinking decking at your Kirkintilloch as opposed to other soft or hard landscaping ideas? Decking is great for making over a space that can be unsuitable for other landscaping ideas; patios, for example, are ground level and thus, if the ground is not level, the digging and foundation work can be immense.
- WHAT – what do you intent doing on the decking? Many people miss this obvious question, realising too late that they needed it bigger/smaller/better shaped etc. For example, if you plan on sitting and relaxing on it, you may decide to use less of the space than if you decide to entertain on it with family and friends etc.
- WHO – many people assume that construction of their decking at their Kirkintilloch home can be a do-it-yourself job. In some cases, with the right skill set and tools, it can be however, if the decking is being raised several feet off the ground, it pays to have a professional company to design and construct it. There could be safety concerns otherwise, as well as hard work in shifting earth and planting large, structural and heavy poles!
- WHEN – as you design your decking, think about when you will use it. If it will be a flat, play surface for the kids during the day, then it could be an area that is left relatively plain or, you may feel that you need some essential additions… have you thought about lighting? What about a fire pit?
There are so many factors that need to be taken in to account when designing decking for a Kirkintilloch home – what is important to you? How will you use it?
For FREE information and advice about garden decking, contact S&D TODAY!