Loft conversions are certainly considered by many homeowners to be the most effective home improvement they have opted to make! Phil Spencer, the well known television presenter from a variety of property shows was advising homeowners back in 2010 that spending £20,000 on a loft conversion roughly added £40,000 to the value of your property (source: Daily telegraph inline, 2010). Whilst such an astonishing doubling of your investment might not always be attainable, a well design and well built loft conversion will add value to your property.
Loft conversions Glasgow customers also need to focus on several factors when looking to convert their loft;
- 1. Choose a building company who have experience of loft conversions, similar to the experience held by us here at S&D Projects. We will provide you with detailed information on various designs and options open to you. As part of our service, we also offer an estimated completion time and we keep disruption to the rest of the household to a minimum.
- 2. Converting the loft space requires a certain amount of height within the roof space. We will complete a survey so that you will know if a loft conversion is something that will work for you. Not everyone is using loft space for a bedroom, so height for a useable storage area may not be as important.
- 3. Loft conversions Glasgow customers of S&D Projects will benefit from a comprehensive service that will look at what you intend to use the converted loft space for. Investing in a loft conversion means you want and need the space to work for you – and it needs to be right!
- 4. What do you intend using the loft conversion for? Many previous loft conversion Glasgow customers have used their loft space as entertainment areas, games room, home office, hobby room and much more. Don’t just assume that the only use for a loft conversion is a bedroom!
- 5. Don’t be tempted to take on the project yourself unless you have the skills, time and ability. As loft conversion specialists, we are aware of the pitfalls, navigating our way passed these.
- 6. Reliability is the key and here at S&D Projects we work very hard for our customers to make sure that they get the loft conversion they want, meeting their exacting requirements. You will have a loft conversion of a high quality that will prove the most valuable additional space within your home.
None of our loft conversions Glasgow customers have ever been disappointed with the final product. There is a trend in converting loft spaces, with some being done badly or as DIY projects; doing this means that some technicalities and building regulations will not be met. S&D Projects are professionals and specialist in creating loft spaces and are the Glasgow company to come to for advice, design and build.